Bienenstock Playgrounds is a leader in the development of natural playgrounds. We’re committed and passionate about sharing our expertise and insight of design and construction. We are advocates of this movement, sharing our knowledge worldwide. We believe in improving the experiences of kids in their playgrounds. Our team includes award winning designers, architects, planners and educators who are united by their belief in the need to craft outdoor spaces that support children’s development through immersive experiences with nature.
Under the direction of the Construction Manager the Foreman will supervise playground construction projects in compliance with the contract documents and ensure the work is completed to meet exceptional safety and quality control standards.
• Maintain excellent relationship with supervisors, clients, designers and production staff
• Plan and supervise the work of staff and subcontractors on the project
• Determine and schedule the necessary methods of construction, manpower, equipment & tools
• Assume responsibility for productivity of staff, subcontractors, materials, equipment and contractual obligations of the project
• Schedule aggregate, component and material deliveries in a timely manner
• Ensure that all work is completed in compliance of the drawings, specifications, details, and shop drawings
• Ensure all work is completed in compliance with company health and safety polices
• Provide training, mentoring and effective leadership for crew members to ensure the highest levels of quality and workmanship
• Maintain daily project productivity logs and participate in weekly project meetings
• Responsible for taking as built photos, creating redline drawings, and conducting a client deficiency walk through to create and complete a punch list
• Ensure that projects stay on time and on budget through proactivity and planning
• Schedule vehicle, trailer, equipment and tools for maintenance and repairs with Project Coordinator
• Follow additional instructions from the construction management team as may be required
• Technical college / trade school diploma or technical training and equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5 years construction or landscape construction supervision experience
• Extensive knowledge of landscape construction equipment, technology and methods
• Excellent communication, supervisory and organizational skills are essential
• Proficient in MS Office software
• Must be willing to occasionally travel out of province for up to a month at a time
• Must hold a valid Class G license
We are an equal opportunity employer and we offer competitive wages and benefits to all our team members. We are looking for a talented foreman to join our team to continue providing children natural environments to play and learn.