Bienenstock Playgrounds is a leader in the development of natural playgrounds. We’re committed and passionate about sharing our expertise and insight of design and construction. We are advocates of this movement, sharing our knowledge worldwide. We believe in improving the experiences of kids in their playgrounds. Our team includes award winning designers, architects, planners and educators who are united by their belief in the need to craft outdoor spaces that support children’s development through immersive experiences with nature.
We are looking for an experienced Material Handler that takes pride in their work.
At Bienenstock we specialize in building natural playgrounds for various clients both public and private. The ideal candidate would share in our commitment to providing top quality playgrounds to the children that will use them.
Job Responsibilities are but not limited to
- Support the production staff by picking raw material based on Bill of Material
- Unloads delivery trucks and receives product into right spots, validating against paperwork
- Rearranges yard as required to accommodate new receipts and organize raw material
- Help with optimizing the yard for increased efficiencies
- Skid Finish Playground components for shipping based on work orders
- Notify Production Supervisors when Raw Material Inventory is getting low, so it gets replenished before it runs out
- Performs cycle counts and full physical inventory counts
- Organizes products, keeping yard clean and well-organized
- Prepares UPS packages for shipment
- Performs all duties in accordance to Health and safety rules and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Maintains lift equipment in accordance to SOP’s
- Build skids
- Help production in peak season
- Make pick ups and deliveries
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience Operating Skid steers
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must have a full G licence
- Must have a minimum 3-5 years' related experience
- Must have the ability to lift 70lbs
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Must have good communication, comprehension (verbal & written) skills
- Must have strong attention to detail. (yes, it’s deliberate written twice)
- Must have the ability to manage time effectively
- Must be self-directed and able to work with minimum supervision
- Must have knowledge of packing and loading techniques
- Knowledge of dimensional lumber is an asset
- Knowledge of uses of hand tools and general wood work
- Salary to be negotiated based on relevant experience
- Group Benefits
Questions to answer in your application email
- How many years of Material handling experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Drivers License G?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company.